Tampa Doggie Day Care
Looking for a more personable & relaxing day care for your doggie?
You found it!
- Small Exclusive Groups
- Large One Acre Yard with REAL Grass and Trees (a natural potty environment)
- Comfy and Relaxing Home Environment
- Low Attendant to Dog Ratio for Personal Care and Supervision
- FREE Pick Up and Drop Off from Your Home
We’re so excited to announce that WestFetch is now offering dog day care. Just like our pet sitting and dog boarding service, our doggie day care service will be exclusive, personal, small scale and in a natural home setting with over an acre of space that will be both easy and fun for you and your dog.
In 2015, we purchased and remodeled a property just outside of Westchase (near Sickles HS) that will be exclusively for day care and boarding. Unlike most other day cares, we are not based in an industrial building with limited outside space. With 1.1 acres of land and a 2200SF home, there is tons of space for your pet(s) to come and play and enjoy the natural surroundings. Being consistent with our dog boarding service that we have offered for years (in a much smaller scale in our home), we will not have any cages, runs or kennels (except as needed for puppies, cases of anxiety, etc).
Not only will we have a relaxed, natural setting, our day care will have a low human to dog ratio. If you’ve ever used a day care, this is a VERY important question to ask. We’ve seen day cares with as many as 30-50 dogs to ONE attendant….even more during the holidays. A scary predicament waiting to happen. We will have no more than 10-12 dogs per one attendant.
FREE PICK UP AND DROP OFF!
We will also offer FREE pick up and drop off of your dog(s)! No more rushing to the day care center, fighting traffic, waiting for the attendants to take or retrieve your dog. We’ll take care of all of that for you so you can go about your day!
So How Does Our Day Care Work?
We’ve established a different take on our day care service and one we think is better than all the others (at least we think so!). Here’s a brief on how our doggie day care operation works:
- From approximately 7:30a – 9a, we will be picking up all the dogs at their homes and transported to the property. (You do not have to be home for pick up or drop off but we will require a copy of the key, just like our pet sitting service)
- From approximately 9a – 2p, PLAY TIME! A mix of outside play, running around, playing games, some rest and inside play.
- From approximately 2:30p-4p we will drop off all the dogs back at their homes.
- Day care will be open weekdays only and closed on weekends and holidays (but our boarding and pet sitting service will still operate 365 days a year).
Think of it as a chauffeured trip to a private dog park in which your pup is an exclusive member. Most dogs are exhausted and ready to go home after 3-4 hours at the dog park. The difference, smaller groups, no crazy/bad doggies like the park, much less chance of acquiring any illnesses (since we will have controlled smaller groups), professional supervision and a comfy home to play/rest inside.
Day Care Pricing
- $30/day for less than 50 lbs and over 1 year old*
- $35/day for 50-100 lbs or under 1 year old (puppies must complete all booster shots before attending)
- Over 100 lbs —– please call for more info and pricing
- Price INCLUDES pick up and drop off, NO extra charge**
- Additional dogs discounted $5
- Utilize our Auto Pay plan for additional discounts
As mentioned above, our day care is only open on weekdays and will be closed on holidays and weekends
*High energy dogs or dogs that need special/additional handling may be charged at the higher rate
**Free pick up and drop off will be limited to Westchase, Waterchase, WestWood Lakes, The Eagles and all areas in between. We will also include areas within a few miles of Sickles High School (close to where our property is located). We will expand the free area if we have enough clients in a certain area so if you are outside of these areas, let us know and we’ll confirm if we can include you without any additional cost (and if not, how much it would cost).
Supporting Our Local Dog Adoption Agencies
We will continue our support of local dog rescue groups and shelters. A portion of all pet sitting, day care and boarding sales will be donated quarterly in honor of Dante’s remembrance, who was a rescue (as is Zeus). You can read more about how we started Dante’s memorial fund here: http://westfetch.com/tampa-pet-sitter-news/westfetch-of-tampa-sets-up-memorial-fund-for-their-beloved-dante/
Since October of 2014, we have donated over $7000 and we look forward to supporting even more with our new day care service. We plan on having events and fundraisers to help support local adoptions so stay tuned for more info on that once we open.